Friday, 29 March 2013

Easter Bonnet

2 weeks ago we got a letter from Phoebes nursery saying she needed an Easter hat and there would be a parade and prizes. Said letter got put down and forgotten about as I have been doing my freelance business work non stop. 

I was reminded on Sunday last week that the Easter bonnets were to be in on Wednesday.... O the Horror!

No time to go into town, and we had no bits to make one out of paper.

I looked on the old interweb most of Sunday for inspiration and found a few bunny hats that were very cute in one way or another but none of them I really liked.

Until I found this one Bunny and it reminded me of the Cadbury Caramel bunny from many years ago, now I don't have any of those colours and wanted floppy ears.

Sunday evening I started by making the hat 



and made the ears and face. Now the manshape said it was cute but it also looked quite scary like it had mixie....... Well that's just charming!




Phoebe was running around quite happy with her hat on Tuesday so I thought I had finished UNTIL she saw a photo of a flower head band (Wednesday at 10am - Nursery starts after lunch) and told me I had to put flowers on her bunny hat.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I find my scraps and get speedy hooking little flowers and leaves 


 Hook hook hook, sew sew sew

Finished!!



I will admit that I was a little smug with myself taking her into school.
She didn't win a prize but although she was trying to help its clear the hat was the work of an adult not a child.

OK I had best be off and get on with the baby blanket and yarn bombing my god awful chair.

Have a lovely Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment